It’s very simple to pull your IRS transcripts online!
1. Go to this website to get your IRS transcript online
This is the IRS’ website specifically for individuals to get their IRS transcript online (easily!)
2. Click “Get Transcript Online”
This button will start the process of getting your transcript online.
3. Create an account if you don’t have one or log in if you do have one
So, we’re not gonna lie, but this is where things can get a little tricky. If you don’t already have an IRS account you will need to create one before you can get your transcript online, which includes authenticating yourself.
4. Your reason to get your transcript can be “Other” or “Income Verification”
Once you gain access to your ~magical~ IRS account, you have to give them a reason why you need your transcript. You can select Other or Income Verification (or another option if it’s more suitable!!).
5. From here, you can download and save the transcript type(s) you need (could be all of them!) for whichever year(s) you need them for.
Once you’re in, you’ll see this screen which gives you the options of viewing and downloading/saving all of your IRS transcripts for the last few years. The IRS even gives you a fancy little explanation for each of the transcript types, which is very kind of them.
Please reach out, we’d love to help!
This post is to be used for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, business, or tax advice. Each person should consult his or her own attorney, business advisor, or tax advisor with respect to matters referenced in this post. Countless assumes no liability for actions taken in reliance upon the information contained herein.